VLOOKUP

  1. #1
    snake
    Guest

    VLOOKUP

    Hi, I need some help with a Vlookup that im trying to make for a list of
    "table array" names that i have in another column.

    The function needs to search the name of the table to work properly but it
    can not recognize the table name as a text or function constant...Im doing
    this to avoid writting function by function the name that each one needs....

    Column A
    Column B
    1 =VLOOKUP(Day+E9;TBL_one;2;"FALSE") TBL_one
    2 =VLOOKUP(Day+E9;TBL_two;2;"FALSE") TBL_two
    3 =VLOOKUP(Day+E9;TBL_three;2;"FALSE") TBL_three
    4 =VLOOKUP(Day+E9;TBL_four;2;"FALSE") TBL_four

    I have tried some ways to do it but still can not recognize the reference
    1.) I have written the (x,y) position of the table name.
    =VLOOKUP(Day+E9;B1;2;"FALSE") B1=TBL_one ......didnt work

    2) Making the name using TBL & name.....didnt work

    3) Using the TEXT(B1) function worked but brings the name with double
    quotation marks ...as "TBL_one" and needs to come clean

    Any help would be really apreciated

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: VLOOKUP

    "snake" wrote:
    > ... =VLOOKUP(Day+E9;B1;2;"FALSE")
    > B1=TBL_one ......didn't work

    You need to use INDIRECT ..

    Try this: =VLOOKUP(day+E9,INDIRECT(B1),2,0)
    where B1 contains: TBL_one

    Or, with commas replaced by semicolons to suit your settings:
    =VLOOKUP(day+E9;INDIRECT(B1);2;0)

    --
    Rgds
    Max

  3. #3
    snake
    Guest

    Re: VLOOKUP

    THANKS 4 your time Max, it works perfect

  4. #4
    Max
    Guest

    Re: VLOOKUP