How do I create a drop down sort box?

  1. #1
    AT
    Guest

    How do I create a drop down sort box?

    I want to sort a column with a header by 3 options that can be entered in the
    box - A,B or C. I want to create a box that when A is chosen, all the rows
    with A in column B are listed and the others are hidden. How is this created?

    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

    http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...excel.newusers

  2. #2
    George Gee
    Guest

    Re: How do I create a drop down sort box?

    Hi AT

    Click on a cell in column B,
    Data > Filter > Autofilter.

    Click on the down arrow at the top of Column B and click on 'A' in the
    dropdown list.
    This should list all the A's in Column B, and hide the rest.
    To show all rows again: Data > Filter > Show all.

    HTH

    George Gee

  3. #3
    AT
    Guest

    Re: How do I create a drop down sort box?

    Thanks George!!!!