transposting data

  1. #1
    Soozle
    Guest

    transposting data

    Hi
    I am having a terrible time trying to transpose horizontal data with
    vertical datsa. I have survey results with 288 questions and 35 respondents
    currently I have the respondents running horizontally with the questions
    running vertically; I am planning on importing the data into SPSS and need
    the question fields across the top and the respondents down the side.

    All help gratefully received

    Soozle

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: transposting data

    Soozle

    Unfortunately the limitation of 256 collumns prevents you from transposing 288
    rows into columns.

    If no greater than 256 rows you could select and copy the data then move to a
    new sheet and Paste Special>Transpose>OK>Esc.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Soozle
    Guest

    Re: transposting data

    > Soozle
    >
    > Unfortunately the limitation of 256 collumns prevents you from transposing
    > 288
    > rows into columns.
    >
    > If no greater than 256 rows you could select and copy the data then move
    > to a
    > new sheet and Paste Special>Transpose>OK>Esc.
    >

    > Gord Dibben Excel MVP

    Thanks for your help Gordon I am hoping that this will not cause too many
    problems importing into SPSS or maybe it can be transposed in SPSS

    Soozle