Closed Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

how to open excel if no MS office

  1. #1
    Scudo
    Guest

    how to open excel if no MS office

    I want to send an excel file to someone but they do not have `office` on
    their PC is there a programme they could download that would allow them to
    read/open it? Also will I still be able to password protect from opening
    (its personal info for the recipient only and being sent to a family PC)

    thanks

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: how to open excel if no MS office

    excel VIEWER.

    a free version that will open excel files
    http://www.openoffice.org/

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Timothy L
    Guest

    Re: how to open excel if no MS office

    You should be able to open a password protected Microsoft Excel Worksheet in the Microsoft Excel Viewer 2003,
    however, I'm not sure if Microsoft Excel Viewer 2003 supports Information Rights Management (IRM).

    Share Excel files by using Excel Viewer 2003

    Microsoft Excel Viewer 2003

    Please note that software such as OpenOffice.org will NOT open Microsoft Excel Worksheet which is password
    protected.

    --
    Please post all replies to the newsgroup for the benefit of others.
    Requests for assistance by email will NOT be acknowledged!

  4. #4
    Scudo
    Guest

    Re: how to open excel if no MS office

    Thanks for the info

    "Timothy L" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:uMt#[email protected]...
    > You should be able to open a password protected Microsoft Excel Worksheet

    in the Microsoft Excel Viewer 2003,
    > however, I'm not sure if Microsoft Excel Viewer 2003 supports Information

    Rights Management (IRM).

    > Share Excel files by using Excel Viewer 2003
    > http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/as...620741033.aspx
    >
    > Microsoft Excel Viewer 2003

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...bf4-996c-4569-
    b547-75edbd03aaf0&DisplayLang=en

    > Please note that software such as OpenOffice.org will NOT open Microsoft

    Excel Worksheet which is password
    > protected.
    >
    > --
    > Please post all replies to the newsgroup for the benefit of others.
    > Requests for assistance by email will NOT be acknowledged!
    >

    > "Scudo" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    news:[email protected]...
    > > I want to send an excel file to someone but they do not have `office` on
    > > their PC is there a programme they could download that would allow them

    > > read/open it? Also will I still be able to password protect from

    opening
    > > (its personal info for the recipient only and being sent to a family PC)
    > >
    > > thanks

Closed Thread