Refresh existing data when changed in data validation list

  1. #1
    problem girl
    Guest

    Refresh existing data when changed in data validation list

    I want to refresh my existing values when i change the data validation list .
    Is it possible??? For example if my list contained message1 and i changed it
    to message2 , the changed should be reflected whereever i had selected
    message1 from the list

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Refresh existing data when changed in data validation list

    Problem Girl,

    Why not select the entire sheet, and to a global replace of Message1 with
    Message2? That should change the values both in your data validation list
    (use a worksheet range for that rather than a typed-in list from the DV
    dialog) and it will work. Excel ignores changes made to cells with DV when
    they are made through the replace dialog.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...