how do I create a spread sheet to automatically calculate when I

  1. #1
    wbinfo
    Guest

    how do I create a spread sheet to automatically calculate when I

    On a new spread sheet I am entering numbers and I would like them to be
    multiplied and changed automatically. The formula is x*3 then less 40%.

    Can anyone help me.

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: how do I create a spread sheet to automatically calculate when I

    One way:

    If you are entering your numbers in column A, say, then in column B
    enter:

    B1: =(A1*3)*(1-40%)

    or, better,

    B1: =A1*3*60%

    copy B1 down as far as necessary.

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: how do I create a spread sheet to automatically calculate when I

    Do you want them changed in the same cell in which you type them?

    You would then have no paper trail for checking errors in input.

    John's suggestion about having a formula in a separate column is the safest
    way to go.

    If you want to change them as you enter paste this code into a sheet module.

    'when entering data in a cell in Col A
    On Error GoTo enditall
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    If Target.Cells.Column = 1 Then
    n = Target.Row
    If Excel.Range("A" & n).Value <> "" Then
    With Excel.Range("A" & n)
    .Value = .Value * 3 * 0.6
    End With
    enditall: