Copy & Paste table from Excel to Word

  1. #1
    Johnny37
    Guest

    Copy & Paste table from Excel to Word

    Folks,

    When I copy and paste an Excel table into Word the formatting goes
    awry. Yet this happens only occasionally. It's obviously something I'm
    doing/not doing!

    I would be grateful for any assistance in this matter.

    Thanks very much

    Johnny

    --
    Johnny37

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Copy & Paste table from Excel to Word

    Hi Johnny

    If formatting is a problem, one way to handle it is to copy/paste as picture
    rather than table.

    1. select the range of cells in Excel that you want to copy.
    2. Whle holding down the SHIFT key, pull-down:
    Edit > Copy Picture and do the copy
    3. go to your word document and paste

    Since the object is a picture rather than a table, you can re-size or
    re-shape it to suit your needs.

    Hope this helps
    Gary's Student