ActiveCell.Copy Range("R3C27")

  1. #1
    Stuart Grant
    Guest

    ActiveCell.Copy Range("R3C27")

    I thought it should be easy. I'm writing a macro. The first part leads the
    Active Cell to a location depending on the value of various (declared)
    variables. I then want to copy the value in this cell to another cell on
    the same Worksheet. The line in the title doesn't work nor do nor do
    various alternatives involving Paste or Select. I always get the dreaded
    Error 1004 - and the Help button is totally unhelpful.

    Does anyone know how to copy the contents of the Activecell to another Cell
    on the same Worksheet?
    Stuart

  2. #2

    Re: ActiveCell.Copy Range("R3C27")

    activecell.copy _
    destination:=cells(3,27)

    or
    activecell.copy _
    destination:=range("AA3")

    (if I did the translation correctly.)

  3. #3
    Stuart Grant
    Guest

    Re: ActiveCell.Copy Range("R3C27")

    Dave: Thanks very much for your prompt help.
    activecell.copy destination:=range("R3C27") doesn't work.
    activecell.copy destination:=range("AA3") does, even though the worksheet is
    on R1C1 basis.

    Next problem I found was that it copied, but to the wrong worksheet ! The
    macro was written in the VBA of another sheet. I moved it. That didn't
    work. I deleted it and rewrote it in a module.

    Now everything works. You live and learn. Thanks again.
    Stuart