marrying a rounded number to concatenation.

  1. #1
    Rodney
    Guest

    marrying a rounded number to concatenation.

    G'day,
    Using both the "format cell" custom 000
    and "rounding", I cannot get the result to marry
    in a cell correctly.

    If I have 7.4Kg in Bin4 Row 8 I need the concatenated
    result to show
    [bin4][row8]007
    In other words the Kg to be set at 3 digits or part thereof
    7.4=007
    10.5=011
    58.6=059
    282.3=282 etc etc

    Any solutions please?

    rodney at touch88.com.au

    Send spam to the FTC at
    [email protected]
    Thanks, robots.

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: marrying a rounded number to concatenation.

    Try this to get the 7.4 to concatenate as you want.

    =TEXT(INT(A1),"000")
    ="[bin4]"&"[row"&text(row)&"]"&TEXT(INT(A1),"000")

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Rodney
    Guest

    Re: marrying a rounded number to concatenation.

    Thanks Barb,
    I shall try yours today.
    I found out the interchange with MSWorks was
    STRING use TEXT
    so I employed =RIGHT("000"&TEXT(A7,0),3)
    which is what I use in Works.

    Thank you very much for addressing my query
    so promptly.

    Rodney

    rodney at touch88.com.au

    Send spam to the FTC at