Closed Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Formulas

  1. #1
    amartin-kelly
    Guest

    Formulas

    How would I set up a formula that consists of a sum on page 1 + a sum on
    page 2 + a sum on page 3 + a sum on page 4 to = out on page 5?

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Formulas

    if all in the same cell
    =sum(page1:pag5!a1)

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Formulas

    Hi

    Do you mean =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet5!A1:A20)

    Regards

    Roger Govier

  4. #4
    amartin-kelly
    Guest

    Re: Formulas

    hi
    thank you for your information but when i do that (which is makes total
    sense now that i think about it) ..i write the formula as
    =sum(week1:week5!a8)
    because we named the pages "week"
    after i finish the formula it says something like #NAME!*? and tells me that
    the name for "week1" is unrecongnizable.
    any thoughts
    thanks

  5. #5
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Formulas

    Funny, I just tested with a sheet named week1 and a sheet named week5.
    Perhaps you have spaces or a leading or trailing space?

  6. #6
    amartin-kelly
    Guest

    Re: Formulas

    Thank You I figured it out and changed the names to the sheets with no spaces!
    Thank you so much!! This post board has helped me out so much!

  7. #7
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Formulas