#NAME!#?

  1. #1
    amartin-kelly
    Guest

    #NAME!#?

    Hi I am putting in a formula =SUM(week1:week4!A8) because we named our pages
    weeks. When I put in the formula it pops up saying something like #NAME!?#
    telling me the name is unrecongnizable...any comments?

    thanks

  2. #2
    gls858
    Guest

    Re: #NAME!#?

    amartin-kelly wrote:
    > Hi I am putting in a formula =SUM(week1:week4!A8) because we named our pages
    > weeks. When I put in the formula it pops up saying something like #NAME!?#
    > telling me the name is unrecongnizable...any comments?
    >
    > thanks

    Make sure you used a colon and not a semi colon. Basically what Excel
    is saying is that one of the names Week1 thru week4 is not recognized.
    check the names make sure there aren't any spaces in any of the names.

    gls858

  3. #3

    Re: #NAME!#?

    Do you see letters in the column headings or numbers?

    If you see numbers, try:
    tools|options|general tab|uncheck R1C1 reference style.

    Then retype the formula.