[SOLVED] IF Formulas

  1. #1
    DBYRON
    Guest

    [SOLVED] IF Formulas

    If any one can help with this query would be much apprieciated i'm very in
    need of it thanks;

    Simple example of what i need; on my work sheet i have a row with monthly
    interest rates in as column headers i.e 0.3 0.5 0.7 0.8 as under each header
    is a figure i.e under 0.3 is 5 under 0.5 is 10 ect.

    I have a formula which gives me a figure under the colounm header so say my
    formula through out 5 i need to display in a cell the column header so 0.3.
    So i need something that says IF cell=5 display 0.3 OR IF cell=10 display 0.5
    OR IF cell=x display y.

    Your help really appriecited thank you.

    Dave

  2. #2
    Zack Barresse
    Guest

    Re: IF Formulas

    Hello there,

    I'm going to assume that you do not have this list in a tabulated table.
    This would of course be easiest, imho, but defenitely workable without it.

    Assuming you are wanting to look at cell A2, putting the formula in A3, you
    could use something like this ...

    =LOOKUP(A19,{5,10,15,20,25,30},{0.3,0.5,0.7,0.9,0.11,0.13})

    There are a couple of things to mention about this formula. There are 3
    syntactical portions to it. The two I'll mention about are the second and
    third parts. The second part is the lookup table (aka lookup_vector), the
    third one is the return table (aka result_vector). The lookup table MUST be
    in ascending order either numerically and/or alphabetically, just as the
    sort method would. Also, the return table must be of equal size to the
    lookup table. And text must be enclosed in quotations with this function,
    but can also be used.

    Zack Barresse, aka firefytr, (GT = TFS FF Zack)

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Sandy Mann
    Guest

    Re: IF Formulas

    Try something like:

    =LOOKUP(D1,{0,5,10,12,15},{0,0.3,0.5,0.7,0.8})

    Sandy
    [email protected]
    Replace@mailinator with @tiscali.co.uk