Macro Creating

  1. #1

    Macro Creating

    I have tried and tried to create a MACRO in Excel that will will delete a row. I have read several other marcos but have been unable to translate them to what I want to do. Listed below a sample of the type data I am talking about. What I want to do is have the macro read the second number in the colum and everytime it read a 0 it deletes that whole line of information. This type table will have some blank row but I do not want to delete. Can anyone help. Thanks in advance. Ron

    D60801 0 0 0 0 0
    D78555 0 0 0 0 0
    E98103 0 0 0 0 0
    N04456 0 0 0 0 0
    N05482 3 60 0 0 0
    N95862 0 0 0 0 0
    N96248 3 8.25 0 0 0

    R59160 0 0 0 0 0
    R67908 0 0 0 0 0
    R67976 0 0 0 0 0
    R68044 3 204 0 0 0

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Macro Creating

    Try:

    Sub Macro1()
    Dim i As Long
    For i = 13 To 1 Step -1
    Rows(i).Select
    If IsEmpty(Cells(i, 2)) Then
    Else
    If Cells(i, 2) = 0 Then
    Selection.Delete
    Next
    End Sub

    Change the 13 to reflect your actual table size.
    --
    Gary''s Student

  3. #3

    Thumbs up

    Thank you Gary,

    What I found that I had to do to the script you provided was to add " around the 0 and then it worked like a charm. You will never no how much time this little Macro is going to save myself and three others that work with me.

    If Cells(i, 2) = 0 Then

    If Cells(i, 2) = "0" Then

    Thanks a million,

    Ron