[SOLVED] How do I define and solve a maths equation using excel?

  1. #1
    excel nub
    Guest

    [SOLVED] How do I define and solve a maths equation using excel?

    eg. "A1*x^2 + A2*x= 4 " in cell B1
    we know the values in cells A1 and A2 and both are constants.

    how do we solve for x using goal seek?

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: How do I define and solve a maths equation using excel?

    A1:5
    A2:5
    A3(x):5
    A4:4
    B1: =A1*A3^2+A2*A3-A4

    Tools>Goal Seek
    Set Cell: B1
    To Value: 0
    By Changing cell: A3

    If you need more precision: Tools>Options>Calculation, change the Iteration
    options

    Niek Otten

    news:[email protected]...