Formatting to show/not show "DUE" and "RECEIVED" in cell

  1. #1
    kevhatch
    Guest

    Formatting to show/not show "DUE" and "RECEIVED" in cell

    Hi, I am setting up a register to show when/if my drivers have handed in
    their Tacho charts on time.

    So far I have this formula at C7 and now I'm stuck :-(

    =IF(A2>B4+14,"DUE")
    A2 is =today()
    B4 is whatever the week commencing date may be.

    What I would like is for "DUE" to appear in C7 14 days after the week
    commencing date at B4 (so far so good!!), but when I put the number of charts
    received in B7 "DUE" would be changed to "RECEIVED".

    Hope it makes sense and you can help.
    Thx

  2. #2
    kevhatch
    Guest

    RE: Formatting to show/not show "DUE" and "RECEIVED" in cell

    "kevhatch" wrote:

    > Hi, I am setting up a register to show when/if my drivers have handed in
    > their Tacho charts on time.
    >

    > So far I have this formula at C7 and now I'm stuck :-(

    Sorry, formula should be:-

  3. #3
    bigwheel
    Guest

    RE: Formatting to show/not show "DUE" and "RECEIVED" in cell

    =IF(B7,"RECEIVED",IF(A2>B4+14,"DUE"))

  4. #4
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: Formatting to show/not show "DUE" and "RECEIVED" in cell

    What value is supposed to be in B7?

    Is it an exact number (1 ... 5 ... 100), or will *any* number (>0) satisfy
    the criteria?

    =IF(B7=100,"RECEIVED",IF(A2>B4+14,"DUE",""))

    =IF(B7>0,"RECEIVED",IF(A2>B4+14,"DUE",""))
    --
    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    kevhatch
    Guest

    Re: Formatting to show/not show "DUE" and "RECEIVED" in cell

    Thx Guys, worked a treat. So easy seeing it written down.
    Kev

  6. #6
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Formatting to show/not show "DUE" and "RECEIVED" in cell

    Kev,

    =IF(B7<>"","RECEIVED",IF(A2>B4+14,"DUE","Not Yet Due"))

    Wasn't sure what you wanted when it wasn't either received or due. You
    could leave the cell blank by using

    =IF(B7<>"","RECEIVED",IF(A2>B4+14,"DUE",""))

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP