[SOLVED] Selecting & Formatting Columns w/ Merged Cells

  1. #1
    Lisa Beach
    Guest

    [SOLVED] Selecting & Formatting Columns w/ Merged Cells

    In Office XP in Excel I can not select two columns it automatically expands
    the selection to include the Merged Row above it which includes all the
    columns below - not just the two I selected. When I select just two cells
    the right click does not include the option to "Unhide" or "Hide". I have
    to go to the format menu, select column and select "Unhide" or "Hide".

    Is there a way to select columns without including the merged rows within
    the spreadsheet? Is there a shortcut to "Hide" or "UnHide" with a right
    click or keyboard shortcut like in Office 2000?

    Thank you in advance for your reply's.

    Lisa

  2. #2
    Ray A
    Guest

    RE: Selecting & Formatting Columns w/ Merged Cells

    You need to unmerge the cells.
    HTH

  3. #3
    Lisa Beach
    Guest

    Re: Selecting & Formatting Columns w/ Merged Cells

    In 2000 it never expanded the selection based on merged cells it only
    selected the columns highlighted.

    If anyone else has a work around for this I would appreciate it. I have
    several spreadsheets where the first row or two are centered across columns
    for printing purposes and I only need to show the column for the current
    month, so I am constantly hiding and unhiding columns.

    Thank you again.
    Lisa

    news:[email protected]...