Urgent Problem with Number Column

  1. #1
    Rebecca
    Guest

    Urgent Problem with Number Column

    I am new to EXCEL 2003, and I have this problem, so if you can give me an
    answer, please explain in easy English. I have a column with consecutive
    numbers that I use to sort with (1 to 8000). However, for some reason some
    of the numbers have ended up with decimal points, others are facing left, and
    still others are aligned to the right. I want to format the entire column so
    the numbers are just that, numbers, so I can sort and resort this column.
    How do I do this?

  2. #2
    Stefi
    Guest

    RE: Urgent Problem with Number Column

    Select the column, Format/Cells/Number tag, choose number!
    Stefi

  3. #3
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: Urgent Problem with Number Column

    Click in an empty cell. Copy.

    Select the entire column of interest, then Edit | Paste Special... |
    Operation section| select Add. Click OK.

    This will force XL to convert all numbers that it considers as text
    into numbers that it considers as numbers.

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com
    Custom MS Office productivity solutions

    In article <[email protected]>,