Counting Data

  1. #1
    dave
    Guest

    Counting Data

    I have a list of data that can have the same value. How can i count the
    number of similarities and get it to display the result in the next row. For
    example:-

    BOTTLE_CHK-2707
    BOTTLE_CHK-2707
    CALSOLUT-0563
    DEF-ESTATE-2088
    DEF-ESTATE-2088
    EDEN_DC-2682
    ELS_LTD-2450
    ELS_LTD-2450
    ESSEXCRP
    ESSEXCRP
    ESSEXCRP
    HARDING_EN-2558

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Counting Data

    =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A20<>"")/COUNTIF(A1:A20,A1:A20&""))

    change the A20 to wherever your data ends.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...