Design complicated form

  1. #1
    JMJJ Cates
    Guest

    Design complicated form

    HI

    I am pretty familiar with Word & Access but what I want to design now needs
    Excel I think.
    Can anyone please tell me if what I want is possible and if so perhaps how
    to create it?

    I want to design a form with questions that each will have 4 mutually
    exclusive option boxes (yes, mostly, not really, no) that
    than can be automatically summed to give a score.

    Example

    very much most of the time not
    really definitely not
    Do you like pizza?
    Do you like rice?
    etc
    etc

    SUM SUM
    SUM SUM

    Many thanks

    JMJJ Cates

  2. #2
    damorrison
    Guest

    Re: Design complicated form

    are you going to use dropdown menu for your yes on no answer??
    try this if you are
    it is an example for four cells...
    =IF(G1="Yes",1,0)+IF(G2="Yes",1,0)+IF(G3="Yes",1,0)+IF(G4="Yes",1,0)
    Place this formula in a cell and it will add up the yes's for the other
    four cells. Yoy can add more if stmnts.
    for the dropdown menu select a cell or a range , go to
    data,validation,list type,then type Yes,No (no quotes) in the source
    and you will have your dropdown menu

  3. #3
    JMJJ Cates
    Guest

    Re: Design complicated form

    Many thanks

    This will work! I was thinking of using tick boxes or radio buttons in stead
    of drop down but this will work!
    Next step is allowing only one YES answer per horizontal line of 4 options:
    I would like to force the choice between the 4 options.
    really appreciated!

    JMJJ Cates

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    damorrison
    Guest

    Re: Design complicated form

    I wonder if you could use the same formula, if you are using option
    boxs or what ever you could tag the true or false results to a cell and
    then change the formuila to "True'" instead of "Yes" so the trues can
    be added up
    Dave