[SOLVED] counting named in a row

  1. #1
    torsorq
    Guest

    [SOLVED] counting named in a row

    Hi
    I want to have 32 names in row A2:33 and each name at a 1 in row
    B2:B33....if the name is in a disqualified list C2:C20 then make a -1 for
    those names. if the same name act in another 32 names then add 1 to the first
    1 =2, but still if the name is disqualified list : -1 .... is this simple ?
    btw i´m very green

    /Torsorq

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: counting named in a row

    =-1*(COUNTIF($C$2:$C$20,A2)>0)

    will return minus 1 for disqualified

    =1*(COUNTIF($D$2:$D$33,A2)>0)

    will return 1 for another 32 names list (assuming they are in D2:D33)

    then use if function to test each row like

    If you put the first formula in E2:E32 and the second formula
    in F2:F32 in G2:G32 use

    =If(E2=-1,-1,B2+F2)

    copy down

    Peo Sjoblom

    (No private emails please)

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    torsorq
    Guest

    Re: counting named in a row

    sorry can´t get it to work ...have You tested it ?

    /Torsorq

  4. #4
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest