tab background fill - color

  1. #1
    DeAnne
    Guest

    tab background fill - color

    I have excel 97 - trying to help my daughter via the phone. (my program is
    too old). How can we put a background color on the tabs? Thank you! DeAnne

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: tab background fill - color

    You can't in Excel 97.
    ************
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: tab background fill - color

    DeAnne

    Upgrade to XL XP (2002) or up.... it was only introduced in these versions

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    www.nickhodge.co.uk
    [email protected]HIS

  4. #4
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: tab background fill - color

    Hi DeAnne,
    You did not indicate what version your daughter has, if she has 2002
    she would right click on the sheet tab OR on the format menu
    choose sheet, then Tab Color.

    If you don't have Excel 2002 there are alternatives to coloring the tabs
    that make more sense to me than color.

    Changing the Colors of Worksheet Tabs (#tabs)
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/colors.htm#tabs
    --
    ---
    HTH,