[SOLVED] Inventory sheet to track, order & reduce quantity from master.

  1. #1
    drc536
    Guest

    [SOLVED] Inventory sheet to track, order & reduce quantity from master.

    I want to build a workbook to track and order inventory.
    On one sheet (Master sheet) I have the entire inventory listed
    -columns included the lot number, product code, item number,
    description,expiration, and quantity available. I want to compare
    it to a column that has the quantity on hand in the Master sheet -
    and subtract the number from the Master sheet to track inventory.
    If a quantity needs to be ordered, I would type the product number
    and the inventory sheet would lift the description, lot numbers
    available for distribution, expiration dates, and quantities
    available from the master sheet to the inventory sheet and then the
    amount ordered would need to be subtracted from the Master sheet to keep an
    accurate count.
    I am wondering if I am reinventing the wheel here and if so where
    can I find a copy of these types of excel sheets? I cannot use
    Access software (our company doesn't use Access and an IT tech
    would have to fly from St. Louis to Chicago to install it) or
    purchase any additional software (only IT tech is authorized to
    install software) for this project.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Inventory sheet to track, order & reduce quantity from master.

    Try this link:

    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...377101033.aspx

    --
    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    drc536
    Guest

    Re: Inventory sheet to track, order & reduce quantity from master.

    Thanks for the suggestion. I searched the templates and found an inventory
    template, but, it doesn't have any linking to a master or ability to reduce
    items on a master list. I don't know how to do that, but I guess I can
    fiddle around and try to make it reduce items on a master. I appreciate the
    help.