[SOLVED] I want to merge two columns

  1. #1
    Andrew
    Guest

    [SOLVED] I want to merge two columns

    Hi, My problem is that I have two colums of data in a worksheet, the first is
    a prefix to the part number
    i.e. AB
    The second is a part number
    i.e. 123456789

    My list is 8800 numbers long and I want a quick way to merge these comuns
    together but keep the rows.

    Thankyou in advance,
    Andrew

    P.S. don't know if it's important but running XP Pro SP2 and Office 2003

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: I want to merge two columns

    Hi, Andrew. Here ya go:
    --click the column letter to the RIGHT of your 2 columns and hit
    Insert-->Column.
    --select the new blank column and make sure it's formatted as General
    --in the new blank column, probably the 2nd row if you have headings, type
    =A2&B2
    Copy down using the fill handle:
    Then, with all the cells STILL selected, hit Copy. Hit Edit-->Paste Special,
    choose Values, OK.
    Then delete your original columns.
    ************
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Andrew
    Guest

    Re: I want to merge two columns

    Thankyou Anne for your help, problem solved

  4. #4
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: I want to merge two columns