how do i create a data collection form in excel?

  1. #1
    stacy
    Guest

    how do i create a data collection form in excel?

    i am trying to create a simple data collection form in excel that will help
    me tally survey results. What I would like is to have a form that I can use
    to enter information in without having to scroll through columns and rowes.
    Is this possible?

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: how do i create a data collection form in excel?

    Hi!

    You can do this by protecting the sheet.

    First, select the entire sheet.
    Goto Format>Cells>Protection tab
    Check Locked
    OK

    Now, select the cells that you will be entering data into.
    Goto Format>Cells>Protection tab
    Uncheck Locked
    OK

    Now, goto Tools>Protection>Protect sheet
    Uncheck everything except Select unlocked cells
    OK

    Now you can navigate to only those cells that will need data entered by
    using either the tab key or the directional arrow keys.

    The direction will be left to right, top to bottom.

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...