My Excel file won't open

  1. #1
    Claudia
    Guest

    My Excel file won't open

    I am making a catalog in Excel. It contains about 140,000KB, with photos. It
    has 12 tabs. Each time I opened it to work , it was getting more and more
    'sluggish' and would take about 2 minutes to finish saving.
    Now when I click on it or chose'open', it times out-- no hourglass- it will
    not open. I have Microsoft XP.

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: My Excel file won't open

    You may be able to open and repair this workbook. Try this:
    * File -> Open
    * Go to the folder where the workbook is located.
    * Right click on the file and choose SELECT.
    * The Open button will have several choices, one is "OPEN AND REPAIR".

    I've only done this with "corrupted" WORD docs so good luck.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Claudia
    Guest

    Re: My Excel file won't open

    I right clicked on the file --there was no option of SELECT. Is this feature
    only in Word?

  4. #4
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: My Excel file won't open

    Claudia, in 2002, from the open dilog box select your file, there is a drop
    down box next to the open button you can select open and repair from there

    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

  5. #5
    Claudia
    Guest

    Re: My Excel file won't open

    My version is Excel 2000. I select the file. Right click.The drop down box
    has these options: Open, Open read only , Open as copy, Print, Scan with
    Avast, Print, Open with..., ad to archive, add to catalog rar, compress,
    Cut, Copy, etc.
    Nothing about repair
    Other fixes I have tried: I emptied my temp files and also checked to see
    that each sheet was only one page.
    I'm going to sleep