Closed Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

music

  1. #1
    music icons
    Guest

    music

    My question I think is pretty simple but I cannot figure it out..

    I work with music I'm a KJ.
    QUESTION:
    when i open an excel file I have hundreds and hundreds of song titles &
    artists names that i've typed in, now what i'm trying to figure out is how
    can i next to each and every title insert an icon "don't know the right term
    for it" so I can listen to seconds of each song. I tried figuring it out
    with hyperlink but that didn't work.

    I'm sure it's possible to have done because when I go in music sites there
    is an icon next to song titles that you can actually listen to seconds of
    each song.

    I hope what I wrote is clear and understandable

    I hope someone out there can please help me i've been on it for days with no
    such luck thks

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: music

    Jim Cone's Add-in called ListFiles will create a list in Excel of all the
    files in a directory and create a link to each. Click on a song and it will
    play in Windows Media Player. It will play the whole song tho, so if you
    want only a few seconds you must somehow create a special directory with
    files in it that are only a the few seconds long...........or perhaps Jim
    might be convinced to modify his code to insert the time limit
    somehow.......I don't know if that can be done or not.

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    CLR

  4. #4
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: music

    mi,

    John Walkenbach's download will list the details of all of your MP3 files.
    As far as I know, it will not play any of the songs.

    My List Files add-in hyperlinks the file name and clicking the file name will open the file,
    but there is nothing in the add-in to control the play length.
    Request it by email - it's free - and comes with a one page Word.doc install/use file.
    Remove XXX from my email address.

    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA
    [email protected]XX

    "music icons"
    <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]

  5. #5
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: music

    This will play a song if your cursor is on the cell with the full file name
    such as
    C:\music\GordonLightfoot\Gordon Lightfoot - Canadian Railroad
    Trilogy.mp3

    Just right click sheet tab>view code>insert this>SAVE>
    Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
    Boolean)
    ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=ActiveCell

    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    [email protected]

  6. #6
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: music

    I already suggested to link to the files last week but the OP obviously
    didn't want to go that way

    Peo Sjoblom

    (No private emails please)

    "Jim Cone" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > mi,
    >
    > John Walkenbach's download will list the details of all of your MP3 files.
    > http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip103.htm
    > As far as I know, it will not play any of the songs.
    >
    > My List Files add-in hyperlinks the file name and clicking the file name
    > will open the file,
    > but there is nothing in the add-in to control the play length.
    > Request it by email - it's free - and comes with a one page Word.doc
    > install/use file.
    > Remove XXX from my email address.
    >
    > Jim Cone
    > San Francisco, USA
    > [email protected]XX
    >

    > "music icons"
    > <[email protected]>
    > wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > My question I think is pretty simple but I cannot figure it out..
    >
    > I work with music I'm a KJ.
    > QUESTION:
    > when i open an excel file I have hundreds and hundreds of song titles &
    > artists names that i've typed in, now what i'm trying to figure out is how
    > can i next to each and every title insert an icon "don't know the right
    > term
    > for it" so I can listen to seconds of each song. I tried figuring it out
    > with hyperlink but that didn't work.
    >
    > I'm sure it's possible to have done because when I go in music sites there
    > is an icon next to song titles that you can actually listen to seconds of
    > each song.
    >
    > I hope what I wrote is clear and understandable
    >
    > I hope someone out there can please help me i've been on it for days with
    > no
    > such luck thks

Closed Thread