RE: How do I calculate hours in Excel

  1. #1
    Bobbi Prochnow [MSFT]
    Guest

    RE: How do I calculate hours in Excel

    Hi-
    I found some instruction using the Help files. Go into MS Excel, choose the
    -?- (Help icon). Search using the word 'hours'. In the results, there is an
    article called 'Calculate the difference between two times' (Help > Date
    and Time Formulas)

    Hopefully you can find what you are looking for here. An excerpt reads:
    ++++++++++

    Calculate the difference between two times

    Let's say you want find out how long it takes for an employee to complete an
    assembly line operation or a fast food order to be processed at peak hours.
    There are several ways to calculate the difference between two times.

    What do you want to do?
    - Present the result in the standard time format (hours : minutes : seconds)
    - Present the result in a total based on one time unit (120 minutes)

    --
    **This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties and confers no rights.**

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Boston, MA US
    Posts