[SOLVED] How do I alpha my mailing list in Microsoft excel and delete names

  1. #1
    s janes
    Guest

    [SOLVED] How do I alpha my mailing list in Microsoft excel and delete names

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: How do I alpha my mailing list in Microsoft excel and delete names

    To alphabetize -- use sort
    Sorting, Some notes on sorting in Excel
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sorting.htm

    To delete rows
    pick a range of rows by selecting one or more contiguous
    row number(s) then Edit, Delete rows

    You might also be interested in Filtering to expose only names in Ohio
    You can use Filtering to permanently delete rows or just hide them.
    you can read more about filtering at
    http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

    If you want to print labels for your mailing list, you do the printing in MS Word
    with Excel acting as your data base.

    ---
    HTH,