Does Office 2003 Pro Excel have auto-save?

  1. #1
    ehop
    Guest

    Does Office 2003 Pro Excel have auto-save?

    I am trying to set up Auto save in Excel 2003 Pro. I found auto recovery but
    that is not what I am looking for. I think it may be an add-in.
    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: Does Office 2003 Pro Excel have auto-save?

    ehop, From a previous post by Dave Peterson:

    If you're running xl2k or earlier, install the autosave addin via
    windows|Start button|settings|control panel|Add or remove programs

    If you're running xl2002+, then if you can find a copy of the autosave addin
    from an earlier version, it should work ok.

    But xl2002+ has something called autorecovery. It's not the same as
    autosave,
    but will allow you to recover files if excel/windows crashes.

    As an alternative, you may want to consider using Jan Karel Pieterse's addin
    called AutoSafe (note spelling).

    It doesn't overwrite the existing workbook when it saves. It saves to a
    user
    selectable folder. And when it's done, it either deletes these backups (or
    puts
    them in the recycle bin). And the user can always restore the backups from
    the
    recycle bin.

    http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm
    (look for AutoSafe.zip, not autosafeVBE.zip, for your purposes.)

    Jan Karel's version will know if there was a crash and prompt you to open
    the
    last version it saved.

    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Barry
    Guest

    Re: Does Office 2003 Pro Excel have auto-save?

    tools-options and select the save tab, this is where you can set the autsave
    time