VLOOKUP with PRODUCT functionality?

  1. #1

    VLOOKUP with PRODUCT functionality?

    i am wondering if it is possible to do a vlookup() type search for multiple
    instances of something, and then multiply the results together. for example,
    i want to search two columns for a value/string "X" and multiply the numbers
    corresponding to it together:

    X 0.04
    Q 0.08
    R 0.45
    X 0.33
    T 0.01
    X 0.94

    so the desired result of this would give me 0.0124 given by multiplying all
    the X's together ( 0.04*0.33*0.94).

    if this doesnt make sense, please let me know and i'll try to clarify.
    thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: VLOOKUP with PRODUCT functionality?

    Hi!

    Try this entered as an array using the key combo of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER:

    =PRODUCT(IF(A1:A6="X",B1:B6))

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3