Error Launching Browser

  1. #1
    Steve
    Guest

    Error Launching Browser

    I have Office 2003. When in Excel I go to Help/Check for updates. I get a
    message that says "Error Launching Browser". What I am doing wrong? Your
    help is very much appreciated. Thanks.
    Steve Reinstgein

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Error Launching Browser

    Hi Steve,
    My guess is that you are not using Internet Explorer as your default
    browser. IE would allow Microsoft to run Active-X on your machine.

    I use Firefox as my default browser and if I were to go to
    http://support.microsoft.com from Firefox and then head for anything
    marked update I would get the following message:
    Thank you for your interest in obtaining updates from our site.
    To use this site, you must be running Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 or later.
    To upgrade to the latest version of the browser, go to the Internet Explorer Downloads website.

    Do you get such a message. What are you trying to update would they
    be HELP files -- I don't have Excel 2003. For updates, I try to make sure that nothing starts automatically and that I use IE to
    get updates from Microsoft.
    ---
    HTH,

  3. #3
    krouse
    Guest

    RE: Error Launching Browser

    I get the same error as Steve but my default browser must be IE, because
    links open in IE from any e-mail. But I cannot find anywhere else in Outlook
    where I can change any kind of preferences for the browser. Can you guide me?