Can I change a date with no format (20051111) to date format?

  1. #1
    Rose
    Guest

    Can I change a date with no format (20051111) to date format?

    Can I change a date with no format ex: 20051111 to a date format ex:
    11/11/2005?

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Can I change a date with no format (20051111) to date format?

    As long as you have 2 digits for months and days,
    select the column, do data>text to columns, click next twice,
    under column data format select date and then select YMD
    assuming that is the order of the original. Then it will retrun a date based
    on your regional setting so if in US you should get MDY

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: Can I change a date with no format (20051111) to date format?

    Alternatively use =DATE(LEFT(A1,4),MID(A1,5,2),RIGHT(A1,2))
    If needed you could insert a column for this, then use Copy followed by
    Paste Special-Values to convert formulas to dates; now delete the original
    column
    best wishes
    --
    Bernard V Liengme