[SOLVED] Auto Numbering:Office 200 suite

  1. #1
    Andy JL
    Guest

    [SOLVED] Auto Numbering:Office 200 suite

    I am using the Office 200 suite and have created an Invoice, however I am
    unable to create auto numbering in the invoice - I have tried to do it but
    have failed. I have read most of the posts on this forum but it is not
    helping me at all. I have only a very basic knowledge on the PC an in Excel
    work sheet etc.
    If anybody can give me an idiots guide to how to create auto numbering it
    would be most greatful.

    Thanks
    Andy

  2. #2
    If the column you want the number in is A and the Column your data is in is B put this formula in A. Then copy and paste it the the end of the range you want numbered.
    =COUNTIF($B$1:$B1,">""")

    If there will be empty rows use this formula. It will cause the numbering to skip any empty cells in column B.

    =IF(B1>"",COUNTIF($B$1:$B1,">"""),"")

    Hope it helps.

  3. #3
    Andy JL
    Guest

    Re: Auto Numbering

    Goober,
    Thank you for that but I dont think it's what I'm after. What I have done is
    made an invoice templete, then opened excel workwheet in it, consisting of
    column A & B and 2 rows.Row A is A1= the word "DATE" B1= input actual date.
    A2 the Word Invoice N0. then in B2 = I want to but a numer i.e 0001- then
    next time I open the Invoice templete the Invoice Number will automatically
    be 0002- etc etc.
    An idiots step by step guide on how to do this would be most helpful.

    Thanks #
    Andy

  4. #4
    David McRitchie