FORMAT PERCENTAGE IN INDEX CELL?

  1. #1
    Ladybug726
    Guest

    FORMAT PERCENTAGE IN INDEX CELL?

    I have created a form in Excel - I want to use a Drop-Down or List Box for a
    salesperson to be able to select a multiplier (mark-up percentage) and have
    it appear in a particular cell. I have been practicing with forms and forms
    controls. I don't need to see a "value that tells me the location of the
    llist item selected. I want the percentage figure to appear in my multiplier
    column cell when selected from the list. I have formulas in the
    worksheet/form to automatically calculate. Since the multiplier is varoes
    depending on the item, I want that salesperson to be able to get the
    drop-down box (or list) to appear, select the percentage to be used for the
    mark-up multiplier and have it go on the form. My next cell has a formula to
    calculate the mark-up amount of the item.

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: FORMAT PERCENTAGE IN INDEX CELL?

    Why not just use Data-->Validation on that column or cell?
    See:
    No controls, userforms, or VBA required.
    Anne Troy
    VBA Project Manager
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...