Closed Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Calculate hour and minutes worked each day

  1. #1
    Allan
    Guest

    Calculate hour and minutes worked each day

    As a novice to Excel I am trying to work out a formula to calculate hours and
    minutes worked each day (start and finish) and then at the end of the week
    add these times to calculate weekly salary.

  2. #2
    R.VENKATARAMAN
    Guest

    Re: Calculate hour and minutes worked each day

    if a2 isthe start time and B2 is end time in c2 type thisformula
    =IF(B3-A3<0,B3-A3+24,B3-A3)
    format C2 as time
    your can copy this file down keeping the format in column C as Time

    ====================
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Calculate hour and minutes worked each day

    Try this instead:

    If you want the result in time: 8:00, format the cell as [h]:mm

    =B3-A3+(B3<A3)

    If you want the result in decimal: 8

    =(B3-A3+(B3<A3))*24

    Biff

    news:e%[email protected]...

  4. #4
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Calculate hour and minutes worked each day

    One more thing when totaling time in the hh:mm format
    you want to use [h]:mm to keep the hour from overflowing
    into days. when you want to convert to a decimal number
    with fractional decimals multiply by 24 and format as a number.
    ---
    HTH,