Excel Instances

  1. #1
    StephanieH
    Guest

    Excel Instances

    My coworker is having a hard time getting more than one workbook to open in a
    single instance of Excel. It seems that no matter how we try to open the
    second workbook, a new instance of Excel is opened.

    "Ignore other applications" is not selected in Tools - Options.

    For kicks I tried selecting that as an option and it made no difference.
    Excel continued to open a new instance with every new file.

    Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Bob Umlas
    Guest

    Re: Excel Instances

    you COULD open workbook2 from File/Open, rather than double-clicking in
    windows explorer.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Excel Instances

    maybe...

    Close Excel and
    Windows Start Button|Run
    excel /unregserver
    then
    Windows Start Button|Run
    excel /regserver

    factory defaults.

  4. #4
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: Excel Instances

    What makes you think there are two instances? Two Excel icon on the taskbar
    does not necessarily mean you have two instances - see Tools|Options;open
    View tab;check if 'Windows in Taskbar' is checked. This is a handy way of
    going from one book to another,
    best wishes
    --
    Bernard V Liengme