Formula reference site

  1. #1
    Annie
    Guest

    Formula reference site

    I use Excel a bit but I don't have much experience with formulas. I'm finding
    more and more things that I would like to put into a spreadsheet and have
    Excel do the math.

    Could anyone post some links to sites that would help a formula newbie? If I
    can see some examples of what can be done, I'd be grateful.

    Annie

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Formula reference site

    Annie,

    Have you looked in HELP

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Formula reference site

    You can download a function dictionary from here

    http://www.rondebruin.nl/files/xlfdic01.zip

    Peo Sjoblom

    (No private emails please)

  4. #4
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: Formula reference site

    Can I suggest that very modern technology called BOOK?
    best wishes
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

  5. #5
    Annie
    Guest

    Re: Formula reference site

    Have you ever tried to do a Search in a BOOK? I've yet to find a single F1
    key in a BOOK.

  6. #6
    Annie
    Guest

    Re: Formula reference site

    I have but haven't always found Help files to be as helpful as I'd like. I've
    bookmarked some sites but I thought that some of the people here may have a
    little gem tucked away in their Favorites folder.

    Annie

  7. #7
    Annie
    Guest

    Re: Formula reference site

    Wow! That is really cool! I have a mailing list that I get from another
    person. She keeps the names in "First name Last name" format. It's a royal
    pain. I've just had to accept her choice of layout up until now. *Maybe* I
    can break it down using this spreadsheet as an example. Awesome!!

    Thank you so very much Peo!

    Annie

  8. #8
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Formula reference site

    Hi Annie,

    Since rearranging data is of interest you might take a look at using the mouse
    I'd put the phone number first (right justified even as text), lastname, firstname, addresses, etc.

    Fill-Handle, Replication and use of the Mouse
    Use of Mouse and keys to move, and insert rows or columns (#mouse)
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/fillhand.htm#mouse

    Shortcut Keys in Excel 2000 (Excel Vers. 9)
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/shortx2k.htm

    Excel Lessons & Tutorials (#tutorials)
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel....htm#tutorials
    ---
    HTH,

  9. #9
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Formula reference site

    You use it in a different way. You read the book from the front to the back,
    and assimilate the information in it. That equips you with skills that
    enable you to works things out. Sometimes you have to invest some time and
    effort to learn things.

    RP

  10. #10
    Annie
    Guest

    Re: Formula reference site

    The idea is not to have everything memorized but to know where to easily
    access the information. The human brain does not have the hard drive space
    nor the RAM to memorize everything. Not even if your name is Steven Hawkings.

    And I have invested the time - I'm looking for addition information, this
    time electronically.

    Annie

  11. #11
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Formula reference site

    That's OK. Bob doesn't mind being your memory.

  12. #12
    Annie
    Guest

    Re: Formula reference site

    But remembering Bob might mean forgetting something important - like whether
    the brake pedal is the one on the left or the one on the right.

    Annie ;-)

  13. #13
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Formula reference site

    I see what you mean Annie.

    You have already forgotten that Hawkings is spelled without the "s"

    Gord<g>

  14. #14
    Annie
    Guest

    Re: Formula reference site

    Darn. I already gave up driving a manual shift to cut back on the number of
    pedals. The is one slippery downhill slide!

  15. #15
    Forum Contributor
    You might have a look at these free online tutorials:-

    http://www.auditexcel.co.za/training.html

  16. #16
    Annie
    Guest