[SOLVED] Blanks as a condition of a statement

  1. #1
    Stuck on Blanks
    Guest

    [SOLVED] Blanks as a condition of a statement

    How is it possible to do a function based on if a cell is
    blank or not. Such as the following for cell a1:
    IF b1 is not blank then add b1-c1 else don't do anything in
    a1.
    I have tried but can't get anything to go.
    Thanks in advance,
    Lee

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Blanks as a condition of a statement

    =IF(B1<>"",B1-C1,"")

    RP

  3. #3
    Lee Coleman
    Guest

    Re: Blanks as a condition of a statement

    Thanks, it worked very well. Again thank you.
    Lee
    news:OB9yb%[email protected]...