*EASY* question!

  1. #1
    Laura \( '_' \)
    Guest

    *EASY* question!

    Blank
    Hello

    Firstly I am sorry for multi-posting, but I didn't understand the answer I
    got in the main excel newsgroup.
    #Here is my question:-

    I have a drop down feature with a list of 'yes' and 'no' in my E Column. Is
    there any way I could enter a formula or something so if the answer selected
    is 'no' the whole row turns a different colour.

    I hope I have explained myself okay.

    Thanks for your help --
    @---}--
    Laura.....
    Liverpool, England

    "Do you know where you're going to?"

  2. #2
    Scotland

    Smile

    You need conditional formatting to do this.

    ie formula is =E$4="Yes", then click on format and choose what colour you want the cell to change to. Then you need to add a condition and say formula is=E$4="No" and then click on format and choose what colour you want the cell to chage to. You then need to copy this conditional format across the cells you want to change colour.

    Good luck!

  3. #3
    Guest

    Re: *EASY* question!

    Hi Laura

    You could use Format/Conditional Formatting. Select the whole row, go to
    Format/Conditional Formatting and in the first box select 'Formula is'. In
    the next box type
    =$A2="N"
    assuming your N is going to be in A2. Next select your format and away you
    go!

    Andy.
    (Warrington, England!)
    news:ezPb8%[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Laura \( '_' \)
    Guest

    Re: *EASY* question!

    Thanks for your help Kiwigirl and Andy. Spot on!!

    --
    @---}--
    Laura.....
    Liverpool, England