Need help with formula for charting results

  1. #1
    SRS
    Guest

    Need help with formula for charting results

    I'm a newbie with Excel and I know this should be easy, but I just can't
    figure it out.

    We sent out a questionaire to 50 people with 20 questions (all multiple
    choice - 4 possible answers, A,B,C or D)

    I've made a spreadsheet with all the reponses. Now I want to make a chart
    that says here's how many people responded 'A' to question 1, 'B to question
    1, and so forth. So basically, there's 4 bars (a-d) for each question and
    the value for each bar is the number of times that answer was chosen.

    I know I need to make a formula to count the reponses for each question, but
    can't figure it out. Can you help?

    Thank you!

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Need help with formula for charting results

    have a look in help index for COUNTIF

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    SRS
    Guest

    Re: Need help with formula for charting results

    Don:
    THANK YOU...found all my answers there. I knew the answer was right in
    front of me. Thanks again!

  4. #4
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Need help with formula for charting results

    glad it helped