[SOLVED] Need help setting up a way to track Prescriptions

  1. #1
    Kris
    Guest

    [SOLVED] Need help setting up a way to track Prescriptions

    I am trying to setup a spread sheet that will allow me to track prescriptions
    for my mom. She has several drugs that need to be ordered every 90 to 120
    days and I don't want to have to manually track them. I would like to enter a
    start date and a quantity of pills on hand and then have the spread sheet
    calculate the reorder date for me. The reorder date would have to be about 2
    to 3 weeks before she runs out. Is there a template available for this? I am
    a novice user so I could use all the help I can get.

  2. #2
    Don MI
    Guest

    Re: Need help setting up a way to track Prescriptions

    "Kris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >I am trying to setup a spread sheet that will allow me to track
    >prescriptions
    > for my mom. She has several drugs that need to be ordered every 90 to 120
    > days and I don't want to have to manually track them. I would like to
    > enter a
    > start date and a quantity of pills on hand and then have the spread sheet
    > calculate the reorder date for me. The reorder date would have to be about
    > 2
    > to 3 weeks before she runs out. Is there a template available for this? I
    > am
    > a novice user so I could use all the help I can get.

    You may want to consider using Outlook Calendar to do this for you.
    Schedule a recurring appointment to order the drugs and set Outlook to
    remind you. Also, you may want to check with whoever you order the drugs
    from as many will sent you or her an email when it is time to re-order.

    Don

  3. #3
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: Need help setting up a way to track Prescriptions

    Hi Kris:
    In row 1, I have heading: "Drug", "Number", "Refill date", "Days to go"
    In row 2, I have my first prescription info:
    A2: Zocor
    B2: 90 (I get 90 pills at a time)
    C2: 12/10/2005 ( to show that the last time I got this
    prescription was 12 Oct)
    It does not matter if you use the US system and have 10/12/2005 for the same
    date)
    D2: has the formula =B2-(TODAY()-C2) ( today this shows 40)
    You will need to use Format|Cells|General to get this to look right
    Now on this cell use Format|Conditional Formatting) and set the conditional
    format to:
    Cell value is ... less than ... 15
    And click the Format button, open the Patter tab and select RED.
    The cell will go red when the days left is 15 days or less.

    Try this and come back for more
    best wishes
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

  4. #4
    Kris
    Guest

    Re: Need help setting up a way to track Prescriptions

    Bernard
    Thank you very much this was a lot simpler than I thought. The quick respose
    and knowledge are very appreciated.
    Have a Happy Holiday season!!!