Closed Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Excel leap year question

  1. #1
    Jason
    Guest

    Excel leap year question

    I am creating an entry to calculate an annual longevity bonus. I am
    definately a novice user. Everything I have read appears to be aimed at those
    with more experience than I have so I have difficulty understanding what the
    abbreviations mean and what some of the functions used actually do. I am a
    freak for understanding what I am doing before I do it. The formula I am
    using is '=INT((NOW()-G2)/365.25)' where G2 is hire date to get year of
    service. So far, it appears this has been accurate for the sample data I have
    used, but intuition tells me there will be inaccuracy with some dates because
    there is no accounting for which year(s) in their history is a leap year. I
    think this would only matter if their hire date is within a few days of
    "bonus calculation day", but I can't seem to confirm my suspicions yet.

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Excel leap year question

    Excel knows which years are leap years. To calculate with dates, see

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datetime.htm#AddingDates

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jerry W. Lewis
    Guest

    Re: Excel leap year question

    Niek Otten wrote:

    > Excel knows which years are leap years. To calculate with dates, see

    As long as the employee wasn't hired in 1900 ;-)

    Jerry

  4. #4
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Excel leap year question

    I'm in Life insurance. I calculated the chance this being the case and
    decided not to raise the issue. Maybe I should have.

    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

  5. #5
    Jerry W. Lewis
    Guest

    Re: Excel leap year question

    Yes, but I'd love to have his pension ;-)

    Jerry

    Niek Otten wrote:

    > I'm in Life insurance. I calculated the chance this being the case and
    > decided not to raise the issue. Maybe I should have.
    >
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > Niek Otten
    >

    > "Jerry W. Lewis" <post_a_reply@no_e-mail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Niek Otten wrote:
    >>

    >>>Excel knows which years are leap years. To calculate with dates, see
    >>>

    >>As long as the employee wasn't hired in 1900 ;-)
    >>
    >>Jerry

Closed Thread