  1. #1
    dmdranch

    I have the fx displayed just under my toolbar, and I can't enter or change
    data in any of the cells in the file. I can't get the red X, the Green check
    mark, or the black = sign to appear. There are very few areas that are not
    "greyed out" under the headings at the top. This situation applies to all of
    the excel files on this computer. I have Excel 2000. Please help.

  2. #2
    Matt
    Guest

    RE: how do I remove fx from the function line, can't enter data

    Can you move the cursor around anywhere in the spreadsheet?

  3. #3
    dmdranch
    Guest

    RE: how do I remove fx from the function line, can't enter data

    Matt,
    I can move the curser around anywhere without any difficulty, but if you try
    to highlight a cell/square you can't type in any data...and like I said, a
    lot of the features in the dropdown topics are greyed out. I have Excel 2000
    on another computer that has the same file with no problems. Help!

  4. #4
    Matt
    Guest

    RE: how do I remove fx from the function line, can't enter data

    It sounds like your Excel is corrupt. Either from the install or from a virus.

  5. #5
    dmdranch
    Guest

    RE: how do I remove fx from the function line, can't enter data

    The problem is on my laptop. I have updated the file recently, but the
    problem remains. As I said before this is a problem only on this computer.
    Any suggestions?