hyperlink

  1. #1

    hyperlink

    Hi, I am a newbie,please help.
    I created a hyperlink to jump from cell a1 to n1 on sheet1, I copied this link to sheet2, it will work the same on sheet2, however when I modified the cell address on this hyperlink, it will only work on sheet2 only. When I copied this hyperlink from sheet2 to sheet3, and when I clicked on the link, it went from sheet3 back to sheet2, seems to me when you modified a hyperlink, it will become worksheet specific. Can someone please tell me how to correct this? Thanks in advance!
    Tom

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: hyperlink

    Did you look at the actual hyperlink Ctrl+K,
    you would have to click and not release, then release slowly to not take the link
    so you can use Ctrl+K.

    More information in http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm
    Anyway there are two parts to the hyperlink, what you see and the hyperlink.
    If you type something into the cell you are not changing an existing hyperlink.-
    ---
    HTH,

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Hi David,
    After I posted the thread, I was able to find the solution for myself by doing a search on the forum, I found the formula "=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",C7),"text")"that works for my what I wanted.
    Thanks for your kind reply!
    Tom

  4. #4
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: hyperlink

    Hi Tom,
    You're welcome.

    I do hope that you will look at the webpage, actually for this aspect this one
    is better http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel....htm#hyperlink
    so that it is better understood. It took a lot of work to make it so that
    you could refer to a cell address not within quotes, that would work
    in Excel 97 through Excel 2000. Later versions are more straight forward,
    as described there, but would not be backward compatible. .

    Google web searches and Google Groups searches would be
    a lot more efficient without the over 50 Forums copying a small group
    of Excel newsgroups into web pages making it bloody difficult to do
    web searches without really complicated means of eliminating "forums".
    The newsgroup don't have things repeated because they are where
    the questions are answered so you normally only have one copy of a thread.
    ---

  5. #5
    Hi David, that was a good link, I learned more from this link, now I am going to try apply some of them, thanks again!