How to test a cell to see if it is over a threshold?

  1. #1
    Grd
    Guest

    How to test a cell to see if it is over a threshold?

    Hi,

    I have a column with Sales figures in Column A for eg. 5000, 3000 etc and I
    need to indicated whether they are above the bonus target of 4500.

    Is there a formula I can create that would give me the results ON TARGET or
    Below Target next to the sales figures in Column B?

    Any help greatly appreciated

    Thanks in advance

    Janet

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: How to test a cell to see if it is over a threshold?

    One way:

    Assume your target amount is in D1.

    B1: =IF(A1>=$D$1, "ON TARGET", "Below Target")

    Copy down as far as required.

  3. #3
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: How to test a cell to see if it is over a threshold?

    Type your target number in C1, and enter this formula in B1, and copy down
    as needed:

    =IF(A1>=$C$1,"ON Target","Below Target")
    --

    HTH,

    RD

  4. #4
    Grd
    Guest

    RE: How to test a cell to see if it is over a threshold?

    That worked for me

    Thanks

  5. #5
    Grd
    Guest

    Re: How to test a cell to see if it is over a threshold?

    Thanks

    Works!