flag cells

  1. #1
    M.A.
    Guest

    flag cells

    I am working with zip codes and when certain (around 25) zipcodes are
    entered, I need for the format of the cell to change colors. How can I go
    about doing this?

  2. #2
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: flag cells

    Try this:
    Put the 25 zip codes in a vertical list on another sheet in the workbook.
    Name that list:
    Select the 25 cells, then
    In the Name box (Just above the Col_A heading) enter: LU_ZipList
    Press [Enter]

    Now, select an input cell (I'll use A2)
    Format>Conditional Formatting
    Select: "Formula Is" from the dropdown
    Formula: =ISNUMBER(MATCH(A2,LU_ZipList,0))
    (Note: No dollar signs in the A2 reference)

    Click the [Format] button and set the display to show for zips on the list
    Click the [OK] button

    Now copy A2 down as far as you need.

    When you enter a Zip Code that is on the list....your conditional format
    will display.

    Does that help?

    Regards,
    Ron