Closed Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

filters

  1. #1
    acess
    Guest

    filters

    I want to know how to make use of filters, i have a column called age, i want
    to filter out to different ages groups, like between 24-34 one and other
    45-54. how to do that.

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: filters

    On the "Age" col,

    Try Data > Filter > Autofilter > Custom
    Set it as, for example:
    "is greater than or equal to" : 24
    And
    "is less than or equal to" : 34
    Click OK
    (Above filters age: 24-34 inclusive)

    Try also Debra Dalgleish's nice coverage on
    Autofilter & Advanced Filter at her:
    http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

    Autofilter - Basics
    Autofilter - Filter ...
    Filter, Advanced
    Filter, Autofilter
    --
    Rgds
    Max
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    acess
    Guest

    Re: filters

    Thank you for reply, let me tell you that i have listed ages groups in number
    like
    Age:-
    18-24 = 1
    25-34 = 2
    35-44 = 3
    45-54 = 4
    55-64 = 5

    and i want the age col to only show the age group 2 and 4 by using filter or
    is there any other method.

    Abhilekha

  4. #4
    Max
    Guest

    Re: filters

    "acess" wrote
    > .. listed ages groups in number
    > like
    > Age:-
    > 18-24 = 1
    > 25-34 = 2
    > 35-44 = 3
    > 45-54 = 4
    > 55-64 = 5
    >
    > and i want the age col to only
    > show the age group 2 and 4
    > by using filter or is there any other method.

    We can still use autofilter on the column with the age gp numbers, with
    change in criteria setting

    Assume the numbers are in col C, data from row2 down

    Select C1, click Data > Filter > Autofilter
    Select "Custom" from the autofilter droplist in C1

    In the Custom Autofilter dialog
    set it as:

    "equals" : 2
    Or (<< select "Or")
    "equals" : 4

    Click OK

    The above should filter out only those lines
    with age gp #s: 2 and 4 in col C
    --
    Rgds
    Max