select cell based on a number in another cell

  1. #1

    select cell based on a number in another cell

    This is what I want to do

    I have a cell A1 with the number 40
    In another cell I want to use the number 40 to select a cell, something
    like: =B40+234
    Where 40 in B40 is the number typed in A1.

    how do i do this please?

  2. #2
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: select cell based on a number in another cell

    Try this:

    =INDEX(B:B,A1)+234

    --

    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: select cell based on a number in another cell

    Thanks, it works great, but I had to do it like this:
    =INDEX(B:B;A1)+234

  4. #4
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: select cell based on a number in another cell

    Can't tell from your OP what national version you're using.
    Thanks for the feed-back.