How do I get macro to unmerge cells that have been previously merg

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    HankY
    Guest

    How do I get macro to unmerge cells that have been previously merg

    When I try to record the steps to unmerge 2 previously merged colums into 2
    separate colums into a macro, when the macro is executed it tries to merge
    the colums instead of unmerging them?

    If I do the same steps without recording as a macro the unmerge works fine.
    Is there a trick invloved in recording a macro to do unmerging?

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Hmmmm not sure what's happening. Are you sure the cells you are unmerging are merged (probably a daft question), merge/unmerge is a toggle.

    Keyboard strokes are better than the mouse when using the record macro function, eg

    Ctrl+1
    Alt+m
    Enter

  3. #3
    HankY
    Guest

    Re: How do I get macro to unmerge cells that have been previously

    thanks tghcogo....yes im sure they are merged. The manual unmerge works fine.
    I looked at the macro code..and it did not have an "unmerge" command. I
    changed the code to select the columns and issued "unmerge" and it worked. So
    I dont know what is going on with the record macro function