Excedl 2003 / How to automize file opening

  1. #1
    Ced
    Guest

    Excedl 2003 / How to automize file opening

    Hello Everyone

    below, my issue with excel 2003:

    When opening my "mainfile.xls", I wish it could open others "datafileS.xls",
    needed for my calculation within "mainfile.xls". All files are located in
    the same
    directory.

    a. mainfile.xls
    b. datafile1.xls
    c. datafile2.xls
    d. datafile3.xls

    In "mainfile.xls", I do use function such as INDIRECT("Datafile1.xls.....),
    to calculate various figures using my data files.

    My main problem is that if all my "datafileS.xls" are not opened
    when launching "mainfile.xls", this one cannot retrieve the data, and shows
    all cells with: #REF"

    Your help would be really appreciated, by the way, happy week-end to all
    members.

    Ced

  2. #2
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Guest

    Re: Excedl 2003 / How to automize file opening

    Hi Ced,

    > When opening my "mainfile.xls", I wish it could open others "datafileS.xls",
    > needed for my calculation within "mainfile.xls". All files are located in
    > the same
    > directory.

    You can solve this in a number of ways, the easiest being creating a workspace
    file.

    Open all files that belong together and then choose file, save workspace. This
    saves what files you have open at a specific moment. Opening a workspace file
    then causes all pertaining workbooks to be opened automatically.

    Regards,

    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Excel MVP
    http://www.jkp-ads.com

  3. #3
    Ced
    Guest

    Re: Excedl 2003 / How to automize file opening

    Jan,
    prompt answer, thank you very much, have a nice week-end.
    Cedric

  4. #4
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Guest

    Re: Excedl 2003 / How to automize file opening

    Hi Ced,

    > have a nice week-end.

    Same to you!

    Regards,